Xplore is a Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth, to the Moon, Mars, Venus, Lagrange points and near-Earth asteroids for national space agencies, national security agencies, sovereign space agencies and universities.
Information Security Officer (ISO)
Xplore is hiring an Information Security Officer (ISO) to develop and implement company-wide strategic initiatives pertaining to information security strategy and architecture, IT infrastructure, application security, enterprise systems, and compliance. The ISO will collaborate with the CEO and other department heads regarding technological best practices and implementation of core technology.
- Lead the Company's cybersecurity, insider threat, and physical security programs in compliance with current aerospace industry regulations
- Champion the overall IT strategy and infrastructure; brief the executive team on status and risks; educate the organization about the latest security strategies and technologies
- Develop identity and access policies and oversee implementation
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry and translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to minimize risk and protect the business
- Monitor security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and regularly tested
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related information security or IT field
- Approximately five years of network administration, IT implementation and IT management experience in a private company or government environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other recognized information security certification
- Understanding of organizational resource permission best practices and SSO administration
- Experience with Windows and MacOS user systems
- Knowledge of information security compliances, including those specific to government requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment
- Experience in an aerospace or defense contractor environment, or similar environment with an emphasis on physical and IT security
- Experience with the National Industrial Security Program, NIST-800-171 and NISPOM
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.